"What a week. I'm so glad it's Friday."
What I'm realizing is that this new job is pushing me to a new level of crazy and while it's a good stress, it's still stress. So by the time Friday rolls around, I crave a slightly slower schedule even if it is just for a couple days. This weekend is probably not going to be that much slower but I'll get there but first a look at the week in Instagram pictures.
1.This was another travel week for me. Three days away from my babies. I'm remembering what life on the road is like. Long nights, and shorter workouts. I found myself on the hotel treadmill after 9:00 pm twice this week on the road. It wasn't fun, it wasn't pretty but it WAS and that was good enough this week.
2. Thursday night was my first full night home all week and E's school had a free night at the Magic House so I took the kids. It's so fun to watch him meet up with his little buddies. Part of me still sees him as a baby but it's nights like this that I realize that he's growing up and I'm happy to see him making friends. His teacher gave me an awesome compliment that I don't really think I can take credit for but regardless....she said...
"E is so empathetic. He always knows when someone is upset and he wants to fix it."
My reply: "Toddlers are pretty easy to read but I'm definitely happy to hear he cares."
Teacher: "He knows when I'm upset. He is so in tune to feelings."
Me: ...speechless. I love this kid.
3. At the Magic House with two toddlers, by myself, S got to go to the baseball game. MiniE had as much fun as E did which was awesome for both of them but that made for a long night of running and chasing for me but that's just fine. I'll take it.
4. Lots of late night running this week. Another night of just getting it in. It wasn't a fancy run but I did it and that's what mattered this week.
5. This silly Halloween costume has been making the rounds lately. It's an 18 month costume I had bought for E a couple years ago. At the time he refused to wear it but recently they have both discovered it and wear it on occasion. If you peruse my IG feed, you'll spot it.
What's that? We aren't connected on IG? Well then we should be. Connect here: IG Link
What's Up This Weekend?
1. A HUNT FOR A 5K PR - I talked about it in yesterday's post but I'm going back to the 5K that started it all 10 years ago!! My first race. I'm going to try to beat my 5K PR. Wish me luck and check out the playlist I put together for the race.
2. Toddler Soccer - OR as I like to call it...Cute Chaos.
3. Football - I TOTALLY forgot to tell you. The fam was invited by the St. Louis Rams to be part of their inaugural RAMSFAM! We are a sports family and I love my local teams and the Rams are right there. S and I get to go to the game on Sunday, meet the amazing other families and cheer on the Rams to a win! Follow me or follow hashtag #RAMSFAM to go to the game with me. :)
4. Friends Wedding
5. Long run - I need a good long run this weekend. The weather is suppose to be gorgeous and I'm craving that sense of exhausted accomplishment that comes from a long run.
I'm sorry I haven't browsed the blog world this week. I've had to prioritize and blog reading got pushed to the bottom but I want to get to it this weekend so do this for me...
1. Tell me what we should high five about (something you were proud of this week)
2. Leave a link to a post you wrote this week.
Don't forget to sign up for the double giveaway, Fresh Wave and a Title Nine exclusive Timbuk2 Essential Day Pack. There's only two days left! Register today!