Seems like about once a week all I want to do is brain dump (excuse the expression, it's a work term). I just have a lot of random thoughts that need to come out. So here's this week's dump..
1. The Naked Almost Naked Runner - I finally got a picture of her the other day. It's from the back but I still think you get the effect. She seriously puzzles me. I love running as much as the next but this lady takes in to a new level one that's probably rooted in something much bigger. Yes, that's a bikini top she's running in. I know a lot of you couldn't fathom running in a bikini top but I know I could do it without any issues. :) That's why I want one of these. It's a sports bra with a little extra for those of us that need it from a company called Handful. Pretty clever right? No one told me that after you finish breastfeeding that they would get smaller!? At least mine did and know I shop in the kiddie section for my support needs. :) Sad!
2. Holiday Weekend - This will be an extremely bittersweet weekend for the family. It's our annual home town festival which celebrates the town's italia heritage (Look for the JMO logo, that's my dad). It's a weekend full of bocce ball (yes, that's a sport), food and family except this year we'll be missing an EXTREMELY big part of the family. This will be the first year we do this without my dad. He was always so involved in this event, donating anything they needed, sponsoring bocce courts, you name it he did it. So we will all be representing him all weekend wearing these. My dad's best and long time friend Troy is a jeweler out in Arizona and he made us this necklace in honor of my dad who was CONSTANTLY wearing his glasses like a little old lady would. Troy is an amazing jeweler. He designed the Rose Bowl Queen's crown. Pretty cool! Thanks Troy. We love them and will wear them often.
3. Nuun Giveaway winner - The response to the Nuun giveaway was so amazing that I'll be doing another real soon so if you didn't win, no worries. Join the site to stay connected and watch for more amazing Nuun give aways. The winner of this prize was chosen randomly using Random.org is Annie! Congrats! Send me an email with your address (use the email address on the About Me page) and I'll get your prize in the mail stat!
4. 5-A-Day Fail follow up - I can honestly say that I've been working VERY hard since this post to improve my eating habits. I can safely say that everyday I'm eating at least 5 servings and usually closer to 7. I'm doing it in the ways I listed in my video. A quick note though...for E, sometimes I need some go-to veggies that I can feed him so I've found that cans of vegetable soup are perfect! I heat half the can, with the broth then strain out the veggies. They have some flavor which he loves and he eats a wide variety depending on the soup you buy. Well, at least I thought it was genius. :)
5. Workouts and Running - I guess I can admit it now but I've been in a little funk since about the middle of last week. About the time I started getting really stressed about my finals, I found myself getting really snippy about going to the gym. I'm about to say something that might through us all for a loop but here it goes...Sometimes...I don't like working out. I don't even like running. Sometimes I'm just tired. Ideally, that would be when I changed it up a bit but school interfered with that. So I finally got back in the gym today and did a quick workout:
10 Min FAST pace on the Stair Machine
15 Min Core Cruncher Nike Training Club workout
10 Min Run
It was definitely nice to get back in the gym and I'm hoping I'll be completely reinvigorated after the weekend and ready to start training for my first Sprint Tri of the year.
6. E - I LOVE this kid. I know I've said that a time or two but seriously..at 19 months, he's learned to jump with both feet and it's hilarous. I'm still trying to capture this and when I do you'll be hitting repeat on YouTube constantly. He's also starting to really communicate and I'm finally hearing.."Momma". It's such a sweet sound that melts my heart every time. S has started dropping hints of wanting another one but that's another post for another time.
7. Pinterest Project - Ohh..I did a pinterest project this weekend. How cute is that M? It is a Moss covered Monogram for our last name. I love it! My DIY pinterest boards are over flowing. I actually DO most of the projects I pin but I haven't had time lately. I'm going to have to work on that. I feel the need to craft! :)