- 286 calories, 4.8g fat, 53.8g carbs, 12.6g protein, 7g fiber
- High in antioxidants, fiber, protein, potassium, calcium, folate, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, riboflavin, and Vitamins A, B12, B6, C, D
- Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 6-8 points (I didn't get consistent results using the WW calculator, but this gives you a general idea)
2. When does an obsession become an addition? I think we can all agree that fitness is a passion of ours. It's probably an obsession to some of us but is it an addiction? Reason I bring it up is that every day and sometimes 2 or 3x's per day I see this older woman running in my area. She always runs in a triangle swimsuit top and sometimes even swimsuit bottoms. The look in her eyes when she's running isn't like the looks I see on others I run with. It's different. It's almost compulsive. She seems to be moving pretty well, but I do worry about her sometimes. I wonder why she feels compelled to run that much every single day. What does she do when she's not running? She's my constant reminder to keep my obsessions in check. There is life outside fitness. What do you think?
3. Jewelry and the gym..my husband asked me today why I was wearing a necklace to the gym. I'd like to say that I just want to look my best for the meatheads but that's the farthest thing from the truth. Honest answer is that when I'm doing workouts with a lot of squats and things that require you to focus on one spot so you don't fall over, I focus on that little diamond around my neck. It keeps me centered. Kind of like sighting in open water swimming. It's the "thing" I look I look for in the mirror.
4. Work..I'm in a very weird spot right now at work and I'm even a little nervous to post but I'm going to try it. I can sense that I am being given the opportunity to step up, play a bigger role in what's going on and maybe, just maybe get promoted. The problem is that with everything else going on in my life (grad school, toddler, family loss), stepping up at work is adding a LOT of stress. I like what I do and the level I'm at but I also know that my career aspirations are to continue to grow but I'm just unsure if I should take the leap. I want to do what's right for the company and for myself but I'm nervous. Do you ever struggle with these types of thoughts?
5. E..So E is battling is 5th ear infection (this one's a double). I knew something was wrong late last week but I hesitated to call the doctor thinking that maybe it was just a molar trying to come in. On Monday morning, mother's intuition won out and I called. We went in and sure enough that's what we found out. I felt terrible for not getting him in sooner. I know..you can only do what you can do but still. We're on day 2 of medicine and he seems to be feeling a little better. I love that kid with my ENTIRE heart and then some. To see him in pain is not something I want to do. As you can see, his appetite is back and he's back to rocking out. And..while I know he's still sick, I'll not going to feel guilty about cuddling with him at night when he wakes up. Who wants to let their sick kid cry? Not this mom!
Ok, so there's my ramblings. I'm curious to get your thoughts on any or all the above. Sometimes you just need some feedback.